Tunica Casinos Set To Reopen
By Lisa Konupka on Friday May 15, 2020
casino, casinos, Covid-19, gambling, mississippi, tunica, TunicaMS
The Tunica hospitality industry is excited to welcome back
our visitors as we begin to reopen our destination amenities. Careful planning
and new policies have been developed by our attractions and casino resorts in
an effort to provide a safe and enjoyable entertainment experience.
The safety of our guests and employees are of the utmost importance during this time. We ask for your patience and understanding as we all adapt to the new policies and procedures designed to keep us safe and allow us to enjoy all that Tunica has to offer.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission in conjunction with
Governor Tate Reeves and the Mississippi Health Officer have announced that
Tunica’s six casino resort properties may open no earlier than 8 a.m.,
Thursday, May 21, 2020. Please find
below the general guidelines and what to expect when visiting one of our
We can’t wait to see you back in Tunica!
The general reopening guidelines include:
Properties are limited to no greater than 50% occupancy. Points of entry must be limited to allow for guests to be screened.
What to Expect When You Arrive
Guests will be asked the following questions, and if the answer is “yes” they will not be allowed to enter the property:
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Are you experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever in the last 48 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
What To Expect While On Property
During the screening, guests will be asked to use hand sanitizer and encouraged to wear a mask (which will be provided by the property) while on property.
- Valet discontinued, unless the property has a specific plan
- No entertainment or special event gatherings
- No promotions/table game tournaments
- VIP areas and Poker Rooms will remain closed
- Player’s Club will remain open
- Gyms and spas will be allowed to open under the same rules issued earlier by the state of Mississippi.
- Three chair limit per table
- Three player max on each side of dice table
- Staff will sanitize table game rails and chair after a guest leaves
- Six feet between guests
- Slot machines sanitized at least once every four hours
- Slot floor deep cleaned daily
Food & Beverage
- Beverages may be offered to guests on the playing floor
- Food service stations, carts, counters, rails, trays sanitized at least once per hour
- Housekeeping room services offered at checkout only, or upon request by guest
Click here to open the full pdf version of the gaming commission’s letter.
Casino Reopening Details
- Horseshoe Tunica will operate at 50% capacity, in accordance with the Phase One Casino Reopening Guidelines issued by the Mississippi Gaming Commission. Slot machine banks will be arranged to allow for proper social distancing, and table games will be offered with limited seating. Certain amenities including Poker, the Sportsbook, Village Square Buffet, the Laurel Lounge and the WSOP bar will remain closed until further notice, and are planned to reopen in phases that are in-line with consumer demand and pursuant to guidance provided by public health authorities. All other outlets and self-betting kiosks will open Thursday, May 21 at 8:00 a.m..
- Fitz Casino will open at 8:01 a.m.. We will update with details on what will be available as soon as we receive them.
- 1st Jackpot will be opening our doors with limited offerings on Thursday, May 21 at 12pm. Details of those protocols and additional information on the reopening will be made available here on in the coming days.
- Hollywood Casino will be opening our doors with limited offerings on Thursday, May 21 at 12pm. Table Games Seating will be limited.
Slots Machines will be configured to meet social distancing requirements. The Poker Room will remain closed.
Restaurant offerings will be limited to prepackaged sandwiches, drinks and snacks from Celebrity Grill. The hotel, RV park, pool, fitness center and valet will remain closed.
- Sam’s Town Tunica will reopen at 11 a.m. on Thursday, May 21.
- Gold Strike Casino Resort will reopen in a limited capacity to the public on Monday, May 25. Upon reopening May 25, in addition to the hotel, Gold Strike’s food and beverage offerings will include Pickle & Jam, Chicago Steakhouse, the Buffet and Stage 2. All food within the Buffet will be served by team members; there will be no self-service. Property amenities will be limited in this first phase of opening.
We will continue to update this list as more information becomes available. All of our 6 casinos are working hard to welcome you back in a safe and enjoyable entertainment atmosphere.